Last night, as I was cooking dinner, I was reminded that simple can be good; and in this case, tasty. As a side dish for spaghetti, I made garlic asparagus (see picture). It was easy to make, fast to prepare, and definitely delicious. All that was needed was fresh asparagus, garlic, a few drops of olive oil, and a little salt and pepper. No fancy or super expensive ingredients were required (see recipe below).
So for the rest of today and all week (hopefully even longer), I'm going to try my hardest to keep everything as simple as possible in order to prevent complicated chaos. My to-do list, schedule, and everything else I encounter during the day will not (and should not) complicate my life.
My Garlic Asparagus Recipe
- One bunch of asparagus
- 3 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cut off 1-2 inches from the base of all the asparagus.
- Mince the garlic into finely cut pieces.
- Lightly coat a skillet or pan with olive oil.
- Warm up the pan on medium heat and then toss in the asparagus.
- Rotate the asparagus constantly for about 2-3 minutes or until they start to turn brown.
- Add the minced garlic.
- Saute the garlic and asparagus for 1-2 minutes or until the food reaches the desired level of "brown-ness."
- Share, eat, and enjoy!