- When people eat during lunchtime, they are replenishing their body with fuel for the rest of the day.
- Eating delicious food always makes the day better.
- If people go out to eat, it gives them a chance to break away from the office, enjoy trying various food venues, and sharing a meal with others.
- Lunch break gives people a mental and physical break from daily work routines.
- People have an opportunity to go do something not work related. (Read a book, play a game, etc.)
- It gives people free time to get personal errands done. (Shop for necessities, go to the bank, or visit the post office.)
- During the lunch break, people can spend leisure time with their work colleagues, especially the ones who they don't encounter regularly.
- The time off during lunch gives people an opportunity to call their loved ones (spouse, mom, dad, sister, brother, boyfriend, girlfriend, etc.)
- People can meet up with their family and non-work friends for lunch. (It can be either at the office or somewhere off-site.)