|Close view of all the layers of the ice cream sandwich cake.|
Here is how to make it:
What you'll need
- Cake pan
- Ice cream sandwiches (enough to cover the surface area of the cake pan twice)
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (or any other can you'd like)
- Cool Whip
- Take the cake pan and cover the bottom with a layer of ice cream sandwiches. (Use any brand you like.)
- Cover the sandwiches with a thin (about 1/4 inch) layer of Cool Whip.
- Cut up Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (about 4-6, depending on the size of the cake pan) and sprinkle on the Cool Whip. (You can also replace the Reese's with any chocolate candy you prefer.)
- Add another layer of ice cream sandwiches on top.
- Add on top another layer of Cool Whip.
- Use a grater and shave chocolate (you can use leftover Reese's) on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the freezer for about 40 minutes before serving.